The Plankton Forums

Welcome Plankton Forums Marine Life Interested in identifying certain squid species

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Milan Vidovic 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Milan Vidovic
    Participant

Hey there, folks. I rediscovered a bit of my childhood on Youtube when I found an old doc from 1998. Sea Monsters: Search for the Giant Squid. Absolutely amazing with phenomenal narration by Stacy Keach. He has such a commanding voice. WOW! I could go on about the doc and my nostalgia for the 90s :-D. But What i’m really interested in is a squid that is apparently identified as “moroteuthis” (not sure on that spelling) at the 12:20 mark of the video. I can’t seem to find anything on that squid. All I find is the Robust Clubhook squid. But I believe the name of the Robust Clubhook squid has been changed. The classification anyway? And I figured perhaps the same has happened to the squid found in that footage? If anyone knows, please reply, I would love to find out which squid this is. I’ve been searching high and low.

https://youtu.be/YM1Rvj3Y-fk?t=740

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.